Thursday, July 8, 2010

Creative Space

I just recently purchased the book The Selby from Urban Outfitters and I've been completely obsessed. I feel like my little cube of inspiration could hold It's own in Todd Selby's collection of cool spaces. It constantly makes me feel inspired and I feel that's exactly what a room should do. Enjoy! My greatest source of inspiration: my desk and the ever changing collection of images i surround myself with

I keep a collection of dead, dried-up flowers atop one of my armoirs. I find dead flowers to be far more beautiful than living.. the collection consists of old corsages from school dances, The hydrangea bouquet from my first Valentine's day with my boyfriend, Rose from my dad, and more hydrangeas from my Grandma's garden.


Collage drawing at the top of the bottom photo was my final for drawing 1 at school senior year



Thrifted Darth Vader mask to complete my mannequin (with dress i made for school fashion show)
I used to be obsessed with Paul Frank and the Julius and Friends cartoon when i was younger. I could never part with any of it.
^^ I don't know why I took a picture with aton of junk food on my nightstand..

Cluster of balloons! I love that creation-I just wrapped old birthday balloons around an exsisting hook in my ceiling and they've lasted a few years.


My wall gallery! black and white charcoal self portrait and unfinished oil painting on canvas both done by me in Art class my senior year. The frame on the bottom left is a WHY? concert poster that i went to June 26th @ First Avenue in Minneapolis. It was my second time seeing them live, and I had it signed by all of the members of the band.
And the Alice Poster- My favorite movie of all time. Never ever gets old.


I've had this dress hung from my ceiling forever. I love the idea. It makes my room seem like a fashion wonderland.




Some favorite books stacked for easy access, and some vinyl records displayed on a small easel.
I just recently realized my small bags and necklaces make excellent pieces of art when tacked up on the wall. They deserve to be displayed!

Black dress for my boyfriends upcoming Birthday dinner. originally $98.00 at Urban, I scooped it up for just $29.99! I couldn't have found a more perfect little black dress. Will post pics when i wear it-so excited!!

1 comment: